In Eckhart Tolle’s opinion, emotion is the body’s reaction to a certain idea, to the mental interpretation of a specific or imaginary situation. The ideas generating emotional reactions are often pre-verbal, that is, they remain unspoken or even unconscious, and they often appear in early childhood. These unconscious assumptions generate emotions in the body, and these emotions will in turn generate further thoughts or actions. A negative emotion is one that is poisonous for the body, it upturns the balance an harmonic functions of the body. The carrier of the negative emotions within the individual is the Pain-Body.
By Pain-Body, Eckhart Tolle means emotional pain. Apprehension, hatred, self-pity, remorse, rage, depression, envyness etc. are all manifestations of the Pain-Body. All emotional pains suffered by the individual during their life, remain a part of the unconscious of the individual for the rest of their life. All negative emotions, emotional suffering that the individual refuses to face, leave a mark in their unconscious. It is particularly difficult to face with, and to treat powerful negative emotions in childhood. Such unprocessed emotional pains constitute the foundations of Pain-Body. In the collective unconscious, every individual carries their own share of collective human pain that also belongs to the Pain-Body.If you’re ready to understand the nature, structure and dynamics of your Pain-Body, so that you may begin to heal it, all you have to do is to complete the following Pain-Body Quiz. The quiz is designed to help you to realize how your Pain-Body expresses itself, and how much control you have over your Pain-Body.
The Pain-Body Quiz is assembled according to the strict criteria of the development of a scientific research method. The results of the quiz represent the reality only, when you answer the items of the quiz honestly. I made this quiz as a scientific research method, and this is the abridged version.
Take the Pain-Body Quiz
Please, read all statements carefully and mark the alternative that best describes your emotions and behaviors by the number of each statement, according to the following criteria:
SCALE: 1= virtually never, 2=sometimes, 3= frequently, 4=almost always.
The Pain-Body Quiz:
- I become upset without any particular reason
- I harbour resentment against others
- I easily become angry
- I feel remorse
- I am impatient with others
- I become depressed or sad without any particular reason
- People make me nervous
- I am overcome by self-pity
- I am often overcome by my emotions
- I have negative ideas about myself
- I am envious of others
- I easily offend others
- Small, insignificant things trigger intensive emotions in me
- I am often overcome by my emotions unexpectedly
- I am unhappy
- I am able to control my emotions
- I am able to forget about old offences
- When I realize that an emotions overcomes me, I am able to consciously suppress it
- I am able to contemplate my emotions like an outsider
- I do not identify with my emotions, I simply allow them to happen
- When I am suffering emotionally, I do not escape, I make efforts to consciously face the emotion concerned
- I am able to focus my attention on the present, instead of re-living old emotions
Don’t forget, the result of the quiz reflects reality only if the items of the quiz were honestly answered.
Evaluating the Pain-Body Quiz
You will find the evaluation of your Pain-Body Quiz